Shades of Blue

Friday, July 29, 2005

Firefox Fanboys and IE7

Everywhere I look, I see posts about the new IE7 beta. Immediately after any posting, you see this:
"OMG IE7 ripped of FireFox!!1one!! Oh noes! They copied a good idea!! Blah, Blah, Blah, Firefox owns."

Let's clear things up:
Imitation is the biggest form of flattery.
First browser with tabbed browsing: Opera.
First browser with a built in search for Google (as well as about everything else): Opera
First browser with extensions: I'm guessing Firefox.

So, to all the Firefox fanboys out there, please stop crying that IE now has tabbed browsing. Personally, I'm glad IE has tabbed browsing. Soon, every public terminal I use will have something that I've been using since 2000 when I first installed Opera 4 on my PC.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home